Glorious Defeat

-Priyanka Jain

I fell, fell beyond the heights that anyone can measure
The fall was scary, it was dark, hopelessness overpowered
My senses became numb, wet eyes, silent screams escaped
I was terrified of what seemed like ‘endless’ plunge and seizure

Had it been a physical fall, the end would have been light and easy
But the fall and swirl were into the trap of heightened emotions
Uncanny, perplexing sentiments made my body cold and soul weak
Such dread caused naissance of threat and defeat, I felt queasy

Little did the evil know, I was unbreakable, stronger than its own force
The terror and wounds made the façade of ‘weak’ fall off from my face
The moment I realised my true strength, I saw ‘fear’ quivering at my gaze
I landed victoriously on my feet, all ‘malicious’ died after a ghastly cower

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forever

रास्ता!